Wednesday, November 21, 2012

It only works if you work it!

I just re-read the first entry of my blogging experience.  I wrote in August about getting off the Roller Coaster that was my life of weight loss and weight gain (mostly gain!).  I was serious, believe it or not, and I am thrilled to report that since then I am down 20 pounds!  I couldn't be happier with the results and owe it all to Weight Watchers and my friends Kit and Cindy.  They invited me to join their Tuesday night WW club.  We are the 6:15ers.  It is their support and the knowledge that I have to step on a scale each week in front of someone that keeps me going.  We send texts all week to say "how are you doing?" or "I've been so bad!".  The response is always one of support ... "You can do it!" or "We all fall off sometimes ... just get back on!"  Another co-worker even decided to join the group, so now there is support at work as well.  I love that about this experience ... the friendship and knowing I am not alone in this battle. I guess we all know we are not alone, but if we keep ourselves away from others who can help us, then we ARE alone in our battle. 

I also love the meetings, although I have to admit I thought they might be dorky.  They are not.  This is a diverse group who all want the same thing ... to feel better and look better.  I just love to hear the successes of people who are working so hard.  Numbers like "50 pounds" and 65 pounds" are beyond amazing and the group applauds their achievement.  Even "5 pounds" is a feel good proposition.  I always picture a bag of sugar ... that is no longer part of my physique.  I have now lost 4 bags of sugar ... yea!  We also talk about how to stay on track and make the most of the points you have to spend during each day.  We talk about planning ahead instead of being caught off-guard and having to eat the wrong foods.  We talk about making sure you eat enough fruits and vegetables (they are FREE points!) to fill you up so you're not munching on the bad stuff.  We talk about how hard it is for all of us, but how good it feels to stick to it!  We have the ability to stay in control of our own destiny and it feels good!

So, Thanksgiving is tomorrow.  This is huge!  I am going to try everything that I really WANT to try, but in small portions.  I am not going to have unrealistic expectations that will leave me feeling bad if I eat dessert and have a glass of wine or two.  It is only one day.  I want to end the day feeling full, but not stuffed.  I want to end the day remembering the great company as much as the great food (or more!).  I want to end the day looking forward to the next Weight Watchers meeting and not fearing the scale.  And, maybe, just maybe loosing another pound this week, despite all the temptations! 

The bottom line is that it only works if you work it and I intend to keep working it!

Wish me luck : )

Lauriealiceaugusta

No comments:

Post a Comment